Sunday, 20 November 2011

Family

Yesterday was my cousin's engagement and all my family from my mom's side were there. It was sooo much fun because I haven't seen any of them for soo long! It felt like a family reunion. We were going crazy with our cameras, taking millions of pictures while other people looked at us like we were crazy and like we've never seen eachother before. It felt like that, especially with my one cousin, we were the bestest of friends back in elementary school. Then once highschool came, we grew apart and rarely ever talked. I missed her and our fun times soo much, and yesterday really brought back some awesome memories. I feel like now that we got the chance to talk again after so long, we'll be back to being bestfriends again soon! But obviously it'll be harder this time to see eachother as much because she goes to UBC and has a job, but we'll make it work! And I love how she remembers everything from our childhood, from my bunnies to the crazy birthday parties we had. Another think that makes me happy, is that she hasn't changed much, she still acts like a kid like me, and that's just something that made me realize how much I missed her. We were both sitting at the table yesterday acting like we were back in elementary school, playing with my little baby cousin. It was soo funny when I was feeding my little cousin, my other cousin opens her mouth like a little baby for food, so I was feeding her too. It was just such an amazing day yesterday, and it made me forget about my sickness, I felt all better!

Another person who made my day yesterday was my grandpa's big brother! I've always considered him to be my grandpa (I call him "Bada Nannu", meaning big grandpa), but now I do even more, especially after my grandpa passed away. It was soo nice seeing Bada Nannu, because looking at him made me think of how my grandpa would've looked like right now. He is soo cuddly and cute like a big teddy bear, and everytime I would go up to him, he would hug me and give me a big kiss on my head. It brought tears to my eyes, and I'm glad that my mom took a picture of that moment, so I could remember it forever. I really miss my grandpa, and seeing Bada Nannu made me feel like my grandpa was with me again.. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment