Monday, 7 March 2011

My encounter with the bear..

Last summer, my dog- Diesel- and I were going for a walk. It was around 10pm (I know that's late but it was summer, so it was light out), we were walking about 4 houses down from mine, when.. a baby bear popped out of my neighbour's driveway. I was freaking out, but it was standing still, watching Diesel and I. Thank goodness Diesel didn't see the bear, because he barks a lot and that would probably have made the bear charge after us. I quickly looked down at Diesel, who was sniffing a tree, and I turned around and just booked it down the street with Diesel running along with me. He thought we were just having fun, he didn't know that he could have been eaten by a bear that night. As we ran into my driveway, I turned around, and guess what?! The bear was right behind us, following us to my house. We quickly ran into the garage, and I left Diesel there and ran to my brother telling him this terrifying experience I had. My brother laughed and he went outside with a broom (yes a broom, apparently a broom will protect us from a bear). OMG! The bear was like waiting for us in front of my house, but it ran away after seeing my brother with a broom.. I guess it went to it's mama bear, who's probably double his size... Well that was the most terrifying moment of my life and I will never forget being chased down the street by a bear...

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment